Becoming a Surrogate Mother is one of the most selfless things that you can do. Conceptual Options has the experience and the professional team that will guide you through every step of your journey along the way. Our Surrogate support team was created to help you understand the pros and the cons of becoming a Surrogate well before you start the process.
Although our Surrogate application process may be longer than others, it helps us ensure that you and everyone involved understands the full process of becoming a Surrogate Mother. Below is a step-by-step guide on what to expect from each and every part of the Surrogacy process. If at any time you need assistance from one of our Surrogate intake coordinators, we are always just a phone call away.
1. Considering Becoming a Surrogate? What are the Requirements?
– Be between 21 – 39 years old.
If you meet the above prerequisites apply to our Surrogate Program today.
Apply to Become a Surrogate
– Delivered at least one healthy child.
– No prior pregnancy complications.
– If in a relationship, your partner must also comply with all requirements.
– A willingness to be completely committed to the intended parents.
– Adherence to our strict screening and counseling protocol.
– Have a stable financial base.
– Clear our criminal background checks entirely.
– Reliable form of transportation.
– U.S. citizenship or permanent residency status.
– Meet height and weight guidelines for your body mass index (BMI).
2. Surrogate Acceptance Process & Education
Step 1 | Complete Your Profile
This may seem like a time consuming step, but it is actually one of the most important steps in the process of becoming a Surrogate – as it will help our Surrogate Relations Team to determine if you qualify to become one of Conceptual Options’ “Super Surrogates.” We know that there is a lot of paperwork, but once you realize how important your job as a Surrogate is, you will understand why we need all of this information. During this phase of your journey, your Surrogate Relations Team will be available every step of the way to ensure that you completely understand every step of the process.
Step 2 | Schedule Your Intake & Consultation with Conceptual Options’ Surrogate Relations Team
This is where our five star experience goes into hyper mode. This aspect of the process is done to ensure that you understand exactly what it takes to become a Surrogate with Conceptual Options and to determine what your needs and desires are before the process begins in earnest. We want to ensure that you are completely aware of the process and ready to take the next step. Our Surrogate screening process here at Conceptual Options is extensive – there is a lengthy application, in person interviews, psychological testing and evaluation, medical records evaluation, infectious disease screening, as well as a criminal background check. At this time you will also learn about Conceptual Options, who are Intended Parents are, and what you can expect as you start expecting.
Step 3 | You are Approved
Now you’ve been approved to be an official Conceptual Options Super Surrogate! And now the fun really begins!
3. Selection of Your Intended Parents
This is the time that you will consider which intended parents will complement your surrogacy needs and expectations. Each and every Surrogate Mother has different requirements and considerations, as do intended parents, which is why our experienced client relation team members and our Surrogate intake coordinators will work closely with you to make certain that your journey is what you expect.
4. Start Medical Screenings and Paperwork
During this time, the IVF doctor will continue your screening on the medical side, and the attorneys will then draft and finalize your surrogacy agreement.
5. IVF Medical Cycle Starts
Now that you have been matched with your Intended Parents, all screenings have been completed, and agreements have been finalized, your IVF cycle will start. During this time, you will take daily medications to sync your cycle with that of the Intended Mother or egg donor – next step is your Embryo Transfer.
6. The Day of the Pregnancy Test Arrives – Positive Pregnancy Vibes!
7. What to expect now that you are PREGNANT and awaiting the birth of the new addition!
Now that you are pregnant and are on your way to creating a family for someone else, we will continue supporting you, both during the pregnancy and after the delivery, to ensure that your surrogacy journey is a positive and enriching experience for you and your own family, as well as for your Intended Parents.
Referral Bonus Program
Do you know a woman who would be a fantastic
Surrogate? Refer her to our program and get a bonus!
* If you refer a first-time Surrogate to our program you will receive a $500 gift card when she receives legal clearance.
* If you refer an experienced Surrogate to our program you will receive a $1,000 gift card when she receives legal clearance.
If you have any additional questions about the referral program, please contact one of our Surrogate Intake Team Members:
Raina – Raina@ConceptualOptions.com
Maggie – SurroIntake@ConceptualOptions.com
Renae – DonorIntake@ConceptualOptions.com